Monday, October 20, 2008

Travelling

I just returned from a great weekend in Macon. This is in the heart of Bourgogne, between Dijon and Lyon. I met my friend, Myron Basso, who has been visiting Europe for a couple of months. It sits on the Saone River and is just beautiful. On Saturday morning we went to a big outdoor market and filled up on picnic foods - roasted chicken, fresh bread, a variety of cheeses, fruits and veggies and then headed out of town. We toured the countryside and stopped in a few places for wine tasting (and buying). We had our picnic in front of a church in the small village of Igé. It was a glorious fall day - absolutely perfect! I have posted photos of it on my Facebook page, so check them out.

Now, back in Paris, I have three days to pack up for a trip back to Colorado. It will be my first time going home since I arrived in France last January. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, especially Ryan. I'll be there for a couple of weeks - including my birthday and Election Day! Hopefully, when I post again upon my return, Barack Obama will be our next President.
Until then . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!
Take care while travelling and take our good wishes with you. We will think of you and of beautiful Colorado (sniff, homesick :-)....

Hugs and best wishes,

Nicole and Joe