Sunday, May 4, 2008

First Sundays












On the first Sunday of every month, the museums in Paris have free admission. Today I went with my friend, May, to the Rodin museum. Here are a few pictures. The first one is a little sculpture called "The Three Virtues." Next is "The Thinker," one of his most well known. And, finally, my favorite is "The Kiss," on the right.
It was a glorious day, warm with lots of sunshine. The museum is a 15 minute walk from my apartment and as I walked past Les Invalides (where Napoleon's tomb is located) there were people out everywhere enjoying the weather. Naturally, the museum was quite crowded. In addition to the regular exhibit, there is a temporary exhibit of Camille Claudel's work. We had planned to see that, too, but reservations were required.
Next month, on the first Sunday in June, we'll visit another museum. There are certainly plenty to choose from!

No comments: